18 November 2014

"Wild Boundaries"


The Gin Gin Courthouse Gallery is delighted to present "Wild Boundaries" by Gin Gin Wildlife artist, Gary Woodfield.

Gary writes: I like to think of my art as one continuing mural depicting a never ending story of wildlife scenarios.  I feel more connected to my paintings when I am actually portraying a wild habitat surrounding my chosen subject matter.  I get a lot of inspiration from my local rugged wilderness, which for me is very fortunate for my research into various forms of wildlife. 

NO BRUSHES are used to create my artworks.  I practice ancient traditional techniques such as etching and scratching methodologies onto my canvas.  Using an earthly colour pallet of acrylic paints blended with red soil, allows me to visualize a unique perspective similar to that of animals which see colour in restricted vision.  It is these techniques which draw an audience into the depth of my work creating that instant eye contact.     I rely on natural found objects like bark off trees, pine quills from branches and various other items such as sponges, skewers, cotton buds to create my artworks rich with detail.

Visit the Gin Gin Courthouse Gallery to view Garys artwork from Tuesday 2nd December 2014 to Saturday 17th January 2015.  All work for sale, ask about out layby service.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment